The new acoustic solo guitar album from Pat Metheny features classic tunes from songwriters like Paul Simon, Lennon & McCartney, Burt Bacharach, and Henry Mancini. Pat describes it like this: “I wanted to record some of the music that was on my radar before I ever wrote a note of my own, or in a few cases, even before I played an instrument. Every one of these tunes has something going on that is just hip on a musical level, no matter how you cut it. They have all stuck with me over the years."
Click image for track listing.
CD Track Listing:
1. The Sound of Silence (Paul Simon) 6:33
2. Cherish (Terry Kirkman) 5:25
3. Alfie (Burt Bacharach & Hal David) 7:41
4. Pipeline (Bob Spickard & Brian Carman) 3:23
5. Garota de Ipanema (Antonio Carlos Jobim & Vinicius de Moraes) 5:07
6. Rainy Days and Mondays (Roger S. Nichols & Paul H. Williams) 7:10
7. That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be (Carly Simon &
Jacob Brackman) 5:57
8. Slow Hot Wind (Henry Mancini & Normal Gimbel) 4:23
9. Betcha by Golly, Wow (Thomas Bell & Linda Creed) 5:12
10. And I Love Her (John Lennon & Paul McCartney) 4:22
Pat Metheny - The Orchestrion Project Double CD
Spirit of the Air
Stranger in Town
Sueno Con Mexico
Tell Her You Saw Me
Pat Metheny - KIN ( - CD
Release Date: 2/4/14
“The core quartet of Chris, Ben, Antonio and I played over 100 concerts over the year that followed the release of our Unity Band record. Over the course of that period, the band became one of those rare combinations of players where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts - it gelled in every way, and that just seemed to beg for expansion and further research. Concurrently, I had been kind of itching to write more in the style that I had developed over the years with my regular groups and projects where there is a lush and more orchestrated kind of compositional conception that went beyond the sonic limits of what a straight ahead quartet might invoke. But I really didn’t want to lose the energy, focus and intensity of what this band had developed. I wanted to take it further."
~ Pat Metheny
1. On Day One (15:15)
2. Rise Up (11:56)
3. Adagia (2:14)
4. Sign of the Season (10:14)
5. Kin ( ) (11:06)
6. Born (7:51)
7. Genealogy (:38)
8. We Go On (5:33)
9. Kqu (5:27)
One of the most common questions Pat is asked by students is, “What kinds of things do you do to warm up before a concert?” Over the years, in many master classes and workshops around the world, Pat has demonstrated the kind of daily workout he puts himself through. This book includes a collection of 14 guitar etudes he created to help you limber up, improve picking technique and build finger independence.